While peer review is critical to academic publishing and research, formal training opportunities for young physicians and physician-scientists are limited. In an effort to improve reviewer performance and quality of manuscript reviews, the IASLC and JTO/JTO CRR will conduct a formalized workshop to train reviewers, in particular, to be able to make judgements on impact of manuscripts, which is the most difficult part of the review process.
This is a one-day workshop held before the Annual WCLC meeting to train young and mid-career IASLC members in manuscript review.
- To build up a pool of excellent reviewers for IASLC journals
- To learn technical aspects of publishing, ethics and publication guidelines
- Understand the review process and learn to be critical reviewers
- To be capable of judging the impact of a manuscript
- To make decisions consistent with the impact factor of the journal under consideration
2023 Application Timeline